06. Write thirty interesting facts about yourself.
so much pressure!
1. I’m both the youngest (older brother on my moms side) and the oldest (two younger sisters and a younger brother on my dads side) making me also a middle child.
2. My all time favorite singer is Reba.
3. I went to 5 Elementary Schools, 1 Middle School & 2 High Schools. (I only remember the names of 2/5 Elementary Schools)
4. I graduated High School weighing just 100lbs.
5. I met my dad for the first time when I was 7 years old.
6. My favorite shows when I was little were Days of Our Lives & Oprah…explains so much 😉
7. My favorite Disney Princess is Belle because A. she likes to read and B. she’s a brunette.
8. I love cats because my great grandmother, Cassie, loved cats & I grew up helping her with her Cat, Rosie. We also helped other random animals such as fallen birds & a squirrel that fell down from the electrical wire. My grandmother also had 3 pet raccoon during that time…
9. I grew up with a Husky (dog), Crystal – we shared the same birthday & she lived until we were 19.
10. I once went on a date with an Oncologist who lived in Virginia – who sent me a text after the date telling me that I would make a great wife for him (before I even made it to my car). It would have been flattering except that we had zero common interest & hardly spoke the same language.
11. One of my favorite things to do is talk in a southern accent, drive around random towns in Oklahoma looking for my “grandpa” 😉 Where my sister & I typically end up in some small town graveyard taking pictures.
12. I met my first boss while I was a take out server @ Outback Steakhouse – we started chatting and I told her that I was in search of an office job – she received my resume & I was offered a job within a week.
13. I started the above mentioned job as a girl who answered the phones & eventually moved up not only 25k (doubling my salary) a year but I eventually worked on the 34th floor & traveled frequently by the time I reached age 23.
14. I was a single mom for 4.5 years & I’d say they were some of the best years for my daughter & I. We have a relationship unlike any I’ve ever witnessed. Very Gilmore Girls.
15. I have a girl crush on said Gilmore Girls.
16. My favorite month used to be October but has now become November; 2 babies & turkey…what more could a girl ask for in a month?
17. I categorize things into 2 categories…”Mandy” or “Not”…my favorite line is “that is so Mandy” and typically, those who know me are correct in their predictions.
18. I quit my job making really great money in order to become a waitress so that I could work 3 12 hours days in order to spend the other 4 days with my daughter, never having to send her to daycare until she reached Kindergarten.
19. Some of my favorite things are… red wine, hot tea, a good book, a bubble bath, smelly lotion, perfume, flavored coffee…
20. I pretend that I don’t like puppies – I do… until they chew on my shoes…
21. My favorite outfit is an oversize sweater & skinny jeans.
22. I secretly (or not so secretly) think that I’m hilarious. But, only around people that I’m comfortable with. So, to the rest of the world I am just quiet.
23. I can’t play an instrument to save my life. I’ve tried; I have no rhythm.
24. I believe that putting a flower in your hair and adding a touch of lip-gloss immediately makes you more attractive; regardless of whether or not said hair has been brushed.
25. I’ve been to 24 states; my goal before I die is to take a road trip to all of them, eventually.
26. I love sushi.
27. I once drove over an hour to get a coffee from Dunkin Donuts while I was living in Oklahoma.
28. Put me in a room full of women & I’m one of the most insecure people but you’d never be able to tell (sshh.. ;))
29. I hope to one day encourage & influence women in the same way that Beth Moore has encouraged & influenced me.
30. It has taken me 5 x’s as long to write this blog post than every single other one…. combined.